Ministry of Education, Science and Sport invites the most talented students of Lithuanian higher education institutions to apply for Nominal Scholarships of the Presidents of the Republic of Lithuania Antanas Smetona, Kazys Grinius, Aleksandras Stulginskis, Jonas Žemaitis, Algirdas Brazauskas (hereinafter – the Scholarship).
The scholarship is awarded to talented, outstanding students of undergraduate, graduate and integrated studies for excellent studies results and participating in scientific research and social activities.
The scholarship is awarded for one academic year:
- The Scholarship of 200 Eur per month for III-IV year students of undergraduate and integrated studies;
- The Scholarship of 280 Eur per month for the second-year graduate students and V-VI year students of integrated studies.
You can apply for the Scholarship is you are currently studying at:
- II and III year of undergraduate studies;
- II-V year of integrated studies (except for the final integrated course);
- 1st year of graduate studies.
Students who qualify for the Scholarship until April 11th must must fill in the “Free Form Application” in the Study information system of Vilnius University and submit the following documents:
- the completed application form for candidates, for receiving Nominal scholarships of the Presidents of the Republic of Lithuania, for study results, scientific and / or artistic activities;
- copies of published research papers, papers delivered at conferences or other documents proving scientific and social activity.
The Academic Core Unit, taking into account excellent study results, scientific activity results, student’s participation in competitions, expeditions, research practice projects, published scientific and other papers, will select candidates and submit all relevant documents to the Department of Study Administration until April 15th. The commission formed by the University will draw up the list of candidates for Vilnius University until April 22nd. Selected candidates will be informed by email provided by Vilnius University until April 25th.
From April 25th until May 1st Candidates selected by University will be required to submit their applications and documents in digital format at the address specified by the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences. During registration, you will need to fill out an electronic application and upload the following documents in PDF or ZIP files:
- Transcript of academic record of the last two semesters;
- an evaluation of studies, scientific and / or artistic activities, signed by the head of the Academic Core Unit;
- copies of research papers, reports, certificates.