About the programme
|Lenght of studies||2 years / 3 years part-time||Language||English|
|Scope of studies||120 ECTS credits||Tuition fee per year||EU students: 4 787€ / 3 191€ part-time;
non-EU students: 5 000€ / 3 400€ part-time
|Qualification awarded||Master in Computing Sciences||Start of studies||01 September|
|Application period||01 January - 1 June/15 July||Application deadline||1 June* / 15 July**|
* For applicants from non-EU/EFTA countries
** For applicants who do not need a Lithuanian visa and non-EU/EFTA applicants, if there is a Lithuanian embassy in their home country
The purpose of the programme is to prepare high qualification software engineers that can carry out research independently; to lead software development, maintenance and process improvement projects; to apply their knowledge in different application areas; to make decisions under conditions of limited information, and logically, unambiguously and clearly argue them among specialists and non-specialists.
Why this programme?
- Graduates of the programme acquire knowledge in technologies and management, and abilities to lead projects of software development, maintenance and process improvement.
- Study programme combines a practical orientation with a developing ability to conduct research work.
- A graduate is ready to work as a Project Manager in Information Technologies, as a Manager of software process improvement; besides, as an Analyst, Designer, Programmer, or Researcher in private and public sectors in Lithuania or abroad.
- A graduate can also continue studies in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, and Information Technology Doctor’s degree programmes.
I chose this area of the master’s program because it provides a broad range of theoretical and practical knowledge. Studying offers many opportunities in the IT job - you can become not only a programmer, systems analyst but also a project manager. The nature of the studies is also favorable - one selected thesis must be written throughout the year. By choosing an interesting field of work, you can do a lot and learn a lot in a few years. The knowledge acquired during the studies is valuable, and the opportunity to carry out research work or improve the method further motivates to achieve the set goals.