IT services at the Faculty are provided and administered by Vilnius University and VU MIF Digital Science and Computing Centre (DSCC) staff. DSCC provides the following services:
- MIF e-identity management;
- Wireless network access for guests;
- Resource virtualization;
- Access to supercomputing resources;
- File storage and sharing, as well as other services.
Virtual Learning Environment
Online email box
To access MIF IT resources, an employee has to be registered in the MIF IT system. A VU account cannot be used to access MIF IT resources!
- MIF user verification/registration
- Changing a forgotten MIF user password (VU SSO authentication is required)
Guest wireless network registration
- Guest registration for access to the wireless MIF-Open network (form filled in by the MIF employee himself/herself)
Guest MIF IT resources registration
Visitors other than faculty employees (Erasmus+ and other visitors) can be granted access to the Faculty’s IT resources and computer network by an order of the Faculty’s Dean.
- Please submit a request* for access to IT resources. The request must be accompanied by a document justifying the request.
- The filled-in request form should be sent to .
*The request should be submitted no later than a week before the guest’s arrival. Requests are considered only if a guest's visit is longer than one week.
Student and employer internship registration system
- MIF internship system (students can register for an internship, and employers can suggest internship positions)
File storage and sharing service
MIF Drive (MIF electronic identification has to be used to access the service)
IaaS services (use Google translate get a hint)
- OpenNebula virtual machine creation tool (cloud computing, on-demand installation and configuration of operating systems)
- Creating databases on the MYSQL@uosis server(on-demand creation of databases)
- Git source code version control system (access to a code version control solution)
Software available in computer rooms (use Google translate get a hint)
- Software installed in MIF computer rooms
- Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching Microsoft software for students and lecturers
Requesting supercomputing services for research purposes (use Google translate get a hint)
Detailed information about VU MIF IT infrastructure (use Google translate get a hint)
- IT wiki MIF infrastructure and FAQ