A. Juozapavicius: "Practical Informatics"
Manuscripts of some topics in pdf files:
- 2000/2001, Fall semester:
- content of the course (in Lithuanian), ergonomics, impact of the computers in our life, etc.
- Basic components of a computer, basics of operating systems
- Components of a document, glossary of terms used by MS Word, main features of MS Word
- The symbolic computation with MAPLE: main features, structure, topics, glossary of commands, etc.
- The programming in MAPLE: expressions, data types, procedures, input and output, flow control, 2D and 3D graphics, also geometry drawings, demonstration of graphics, array definitions, list of possible data type definitions
- The HTML environment: the editor recommended - "NoteTab Light" may be downloaded from the address of the company www.notetab.com.
- 2000/2001 Spring Semester:
- CSS - Cascading Stylesheet language: Css and Html, syntacs, usage, inheritance
- Online introduction to PHP, documentation in a manual form, manuscript of lectures, covering introduction to PHP, types, objects, variables
- manuscript of lectures, covering constants of PHP, expressions, operators, control sequences
Current textbooks (there is no single textbook fitting to this course, most topics are explained in manuscripts):
- Gintautas Garsva, Microsoft Windows Word 6.0 ir 7.0, Vilnius University Press, 1996
- MS Word and Excel documentation, Microsoft Inc. (see also http://www.microsoft.com)
- G. Misevicius, A. Pincevicius, R. Rakauskas, R. Eidukevicius. "Aukstoji Matematika", TEV, Vilnius, 1999 (see also http://www.tev.lt)
- R. Valatkaite, Z. Kudirka (editors). "Informatics, Lithuanian-English-Russian-German Dictionary", IMI, Vilnius, 1999
- H. Kopka, P. W. Daly. "A guide to LaTeX2e", Addison-Wesley, 1995
- M.B. Monagan, K.O. Geddes, K.M. Heal, G. Labahn, S.M. Vorkoetter. Maple V. Learning Guide, Springer, 1996
- M.B. Monagan, K.O. Geddes, K.M. Heal, G. Labahn, S.M. Vorkoetter. Maple V. Programming Guide, Springer, 1996 (see also http://www.maplesoft.com)
- John R. Hubbard. Programming with JAVA (Schaum's Outline Series), McGraw-Hill, 1999
- Sh. Williams, S. Walmsley. Discover Delphi (programming principles explained), Addison-Wesley, Pearson Education Ltd. 1999
- ECMAScript (Web Script) Standard ECMA-262.
The basic principles for creating a suitable computing environment in both theory and practice are studied, together with the operating system interface. The student should learn important knowledge of document processors, high quality publishing, manipulating with data in a manner of text-editing, spreadsheet, creating web pages, and making them dynamic.